So the lovely Rew Does Nails nominated me for a Sunshine Award! I am so touched. Seriously, it still baffles me that people bother looking at my blog in the first place so some recognition like this is truly touching.
So basically this award is like a tag thingy where you’re tagged by others to answer questions and then pass it on to 10 other bloggers that you think deserve this award. It’s given to bloggers by bloggers and recipients should be those that positively and creatively inspire. It’s optional to pass the award on if you get it.
Here we go with the Q and A:
Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
In five years.. I hope that I will be thinking about starting a family and probably still living in Wellington but maybe living overseas at that point? Also probably looking at buying my first home and hopefully I will still be working in the public sector but would have moved up a lot to a role that is enjoying and challenging! Oh and hopefully I still have this blog in 5 years too!
Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?
- I was a really big Christina (back then known as Xtina) fan back in the day! I was really into hip hop music when I was young so I was also obsessed with people like Tatiyana Ali, Ashanti, Mariah Carey, Missy Elliot.. Girl power!
What is your favorite food?
- You know I gotta go old school with this! I LOOOOVE my mums traditional Cambodian home cooking. There are several dishes but my fave is called Cor/Caw/Kor which is like a soupy base which is brown is colour from caramelising sugar and soy sauce and then you add star anise, pork belly and eggs and let it cook for about an hour to get it all tender.. It is so delicious I promise!
If you were invisible where would you go?
- I would probably do the usual travel around the world for free as you would but then I would want to become like a superhero and use my powers for good. Take that Superman!
What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?
- Recently I was just feeling really down, not for any particular reason and I vented to my best friend Fi about everything that had slowly built up over time. A couple of days later she sent some flowers to my workplace with a card that said “To Kalliana. I just wanted to say how amazing you are and how special you are to me! Love you with all my heart, Fi xoxo” that made me smile for aaages!
If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? Why?
- Can I only choose one person? I’d have to choose my boyfriend so he can cook everything that I hunt and gather hahaha. If I could choose more than one person then I would want my friends to come with me so that we could turn it into “The Beach” but not drugged up.
What was you favorite sitcom growing up?
- Friends! I still LOVE Friends so much. I don’t go a day without quoting something from friends. My favourite quote has got to be “You don’t have a TV?! What’s all your furniture pointed at?!” ohhhh Joey..
How many bottles of nail polish do you have? How many is too many?
- I have approx 115 bottles of nail polish (yikes! I just counted now for this question..) not including top coats etc and the Ciate Caviar Pearls. Too many is when you look at them and think “wow. I have too many” and that will never happen to me. I strive to have my own ‘Mani Cave’ like Work/Play/Polish is working on! Woo!
What celebrity crush have you had?
- I still really think that Pharrell Williams is the hottest thing since the sun. But he is now at a close second to Bruno Mars. Oh he is just SO HANDSOME! I love his songs too.
Where do you live and why do you like it there?
I live in Wellington, New Zealand and I don’t like it here. I LOVE it here. Sure, the weather isn’t great, there isn’t a lot to do or see – but it’s my city so I will always love it. I’ve lived here all my life – most of it in the home I was brought home from the hospital to when I was born (my parents still live there). New Zealand as a whole is great place to live and visit (this is not a Tourism NZ ad I swear) it is just so relaxed and living in the capital is actually still a pretty relaxed lifestyle. As they say, you can’t beat Wellington on a good day!
Okay so onto my nominees: